Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Finn update


Finn was born with hemangiomas on his right ear, near his left eye, and one on his belly. (A hemangioma is a benign vascular tumor common in newborns, especially preemies). He has his little ear bandaged now because the one on his ear has become ulcerated. We met with a plastic surgeon last week (thank you Grammy for watching Sam) and he wants to remove all three. Two are in areas that could be bad if they get much bigger and hemangiomas grow rapidly. The one on his ear is the largest and he will have to have his ear reconstructed when they remove it. He has to be put under when this one is removed, so we have to wait until he reaches at least 50 weeks gestation. Right now he is just 43 weeks. Poor little guy!! Other than that, he is doing really well. He is getting weighed this morning, so I will post his poundage in just a bit. Oh and how cute is he in his little sleeper?! - Thanks Brooklyn and Jackson!!!!

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

You are TOO CUTE in that sleeper we sent you. I am so glad you like it. If mommy and Aunt Kristin say THEY picked it out they are lying. I was ALL me and Jackson. We have AWESOME taste!
I am sorry to hear you have to have some surgery buddy! That's no fun. You are a tough little guy though I know you will be fine! I had to be put under once. It was a funny feeling but don't worry your mommy and daddy will spoil you rotten and love all over you the entire day!!! Hive Sam a huge for me.

Grammy said...

The pictures are great! Sam is as agile as he is intelligent. Finn would be adorable even without an ear! I can't wait to visit with Sam next Fri. while you guys take Finn to the doctor.

Jackson and mommy said...

AHH...I'm sorry you have to have surgery. I am glad you have an AWESOME big brother to help take care of you!